Blue Hummingbird Coffee Origin
At Blue Hummingbird, the phrase ‘origin’ or specifically ‘single origin’ refers to coffee that is sourced from one single crop and region in one country. We often highlight single estate if the coffee is sourced from one farm. All coffee at Blue Hummingbird is single origin or single estate, unless it is a special order.
As of the first quarter of 2018, Blue Hummingbird sources five different single origin offerings, two of which are single estate:
- Costa Rica Tarrazu Region San Diego Community
- Guatemala Acatenango Region Finca La Torre
- Guatemala Cubulco Region Finca Chuapec
- Ethiopia Sidamo (Yirgacheffe) Region Roba Community
- Kenya Kiringaya Region Baragwi Cooperatives